- We can assist other law firms, accountants and financial advisers with respect to their clients’ finance and securities transactions.
- Lending and security transactions are becoming increasingly specialised. We have expertise and can assist other professional advisers, either on a disclosed or undisclosed basis.
- Regardless of whether your client is lending, borrowing, providing goods on credit or granting security we can assist with advice or documentation. Issues we are commonly engaged by other professional advisers to assist with include:
- Acting as agent for interstate practitioners with settlement and registration of Queensland transactions including advice with specific Queensland requirements including titles office practice and procedure.
- Review and advice on loan and security documentation.
- Preparation of loan and security documents (our documentation or advice can be provided on a white label basis).
- Provision of independent legal advice certificates (including where there is a conflict between the interests of the borrower and guarantor).
- Preparation of facilities and related securities for compliance with Division 7A of the Income Tax Assessment Act.
- Personal Property Securities Act documentation and registration requirements.
OTHER BENEFITS FOR ADVISERS
- We offer flexible fee arrangements.
- We can remove the stress and risk of advising outside of your expertise.
- We are specialists in banking, finance and securities matters. It is not our objective nor in our interests to pursue general legal work from our specialist finance legal clients.
VIEW EXAMPLES OF RECENT WORK ON LAWYERS, ACCOUNTANTS AND ADVISERS
FOREIGN LEGAL OPINION
- We recently assisted another law firm on an undisclosed basis to provide a legal opinion on Australian law regarding capacity and enforceability of a loan facility provided by a foreign bank to the Australian subsidiary of an overseas listed entity. Our knowledge of market practice and financier’s requirements allowed the firm to act for their client in this matter and avoid the need to refer the client to a large national competitor.
PRIVATE LENDING AND PREFERRED EQUITY TRANSACTIONS
- We have worked with a number of financial advisers and accountants whose clients have entered into private lending investments and preferred equity investments. We have used our expertise and market knowledge to ensure that the client’s interests are protected, including preparing appropriate security arrangements, covenants and priority arrangements.
- Our documentation is customised to reflect the requirements of the transaction.
- We commonly identify issues that the parties have not considered which may lead to disputes or adverse tax consequences if not dealt with at the outset.